Who doesn’t love waffles? Honestly?!
I’ve been wheat and dairy free for over 4 years, and waffles has been something that I either miss a lot, or if I ate them, I got sick immediately after.
I came up with a Paleo Pancake recipe but found they were hit or miss with the texture and how they cooked in the pan (they had a tendency to crumble). That’s when I had the brilliant idea to buy a waffle maker to try and keep them contained. After a few tries, I modified the recipe and this is the awesomeness I came up with.
What you’ll need
- 2 Bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 almond milk or water
- 1 TBSP coconut flower
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 1/2-2 scoops protein powder (I like Magnum Quatro – Chocolate Love)
- Food Processor or Blender
- Cooking oil, I use olive oil
- Pre-heat your waffle maker.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor.
- Blend until completely smooth.
- Spray waffle maker well with some sort of cooking oil. I use olive oil that I put in a non-arousal can. The oil is extremely important as they WILL stick and it is a pain in the ass to clean up.
- Pour 1/4-1-3 of a cup of mix into waffle maker and cook for at least 5 min without lifting the lid so they don’t break apart. Patience is necessary.
- Remove and top with your favorite topping. Mine are topped with organic maple syrup, berries and slow-cooker pulled chicken.